Work with Us
Good ideas wither on the vine without the right people to champion and implement them. By leveraging the unique talents of our AidData team members, we transform game-changing ideas into high-impact activities.
If your ideal workday involves working alongside bright, driven people excited about using open data to make the world a better place, consider applying for one of our open positions below. Come join our high-energy, positive and creative team!
Dream Job for the Nitty-Gritty Techie:
If you think the idea of sinking your teeth into complex systems where you get use your own creativity to assess and create technical requirements to solve problems in the world of international development data is appealing, then this is the job for you.
We are looking for someone who loves to dig into the nitty-gritty of technical systems to ensure high quality and on-time delivery of project milestones for Development Gateway's products and services, particularly related to the area of software development and data analysis. Development Gateway is an institutional member of the AidData partnership. Learn more about Development Gateway here.
You will get a range of responsibilities to including: project management, technical consulting/assessment, technical requirements, data quality assurance and analysis, and technical documentation. This position will focus primarily on a large and exciting USAID award for collecting, visualizing, and analyzing geospatial and big data in over 10 countries. You’ll benefit from a wide degree of creativity, latitude, and responsibility.
What you get to do:
- Technical evaluation, architecture, and needs assessment.
- Contribute to new product development, testing, and implementation
- Work with partners, external clients and technical resources to ensure that project milestones are met on time and done to client satisfaction. May act as the technical liaison for partner and client questions.
- Translate client requirements into technical issues and features for the development team.
- Creation of project planning documents such as project plans, risk management list and work breakdown structures to aid in effective project management
- Establish and update user documentation and training materials
- Create manual system testing procedures and follow-up with developers and business team to ensure that all bugs are resolved.
- Any administrative duties and follow-up.
The Necessities for Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Computer Science / Computer Engineering degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven analytical and business experience.
- Previous experience in internet applications installation, requirements gathering, and testing (manual and automated).
- Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Spanish and/or French is preferable.
Skills that will put you over the top:
- Excellent understanding of Internet-based applications development lifecycle and technologies.
- Familiarity with project management software; working knowledge of Java-based systems and RDBMS tools.
- Familiarity with NoSQL/Document Store databases a plus.
- Familiarity with Esri and GIS tools and basic GIS concepts a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills and commitment to continuous product and process improvement.
- Understanding of data management, analysis, and quality control a plus.
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate easily with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Good organizational skills to manage a broad and unpredictable workload and meet deadlines and work under own initiative.
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and customer interaction skills.
- Familiarity with international development and related data types a plus.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally on an infrequent basis.
To apply: Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.