Join the Team
AidData is currently seeking a Partnerships Associate! Please see below for the position listing.
A key component in AidData’s ability to grow, diversify and become sustainable, the Partnerships Associate will support the Partnerships Director. The incumbent will support AidData’s senior management team and other faculty and staff in the development of grant proposals to federal agencies, development finance institutions, bilateral aid agencies, foundations, private donors. Under direction of the Partnerships Director, the incumbent will coordinate the proposal process, liaising with key internal stakeholders across the project, helping to prepare individual and multi-investigator, inter-disciplinary, and multi-institutional proposals. A key responsibility will be developing complex proposal budgets and managing the budget process, under the Partnerships Director’s leadership. AidData’s start-up culture means that the incumbent must be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and or the equivalent combination of education and experience, to include course work in writing, communications, and research principles
- Experience developing budgets
- Entrepreneurial and results-oriented
- Excellent written communication skills, including consistent command of correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling with close attention to detail
- Experience in making presentations to large and/or influential audiences
- Ability to balance “big picture” thinking with attention to detail
- Proven ability to undertake diverse and complex assignments with minimal supervision and resolve competing demands
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a demanding, fast-paced, and complex work environment, to carry out assignments in a timely manner, and to adapt efficiently to changing situations and priorities
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of researchers, clients, partners, data users, and staff
- Excellent organizational skills, with the proven ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently and meet deadlines
- Experience in a contracting or contractor work setting
- Experience with researchers and the global development community
- Experience in either geocoding, media-based collection efforts, or activity coding
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, organize, research, and write complex proposals. Previous experience in higher education and/or non-profit fundraising highly desirable.
- Experience in marketing or communications
Applications will be reviewed for this position starting July 5th, 2017. For additional position details and to apply, please visit the position listing in the William & Mary Jobs portal and click the Apply for this Job link.
At AidData you will join world class development professionals in solving challenging development questions, working together with colleagues from diverse disciplines including economics, computer science, geography, public health, environmental studies and political science.
AidData is a learning organization, so in addition to helping your colleagues get smarter, you will gain first-hand experience in cutting-edge approaches to data and development. As a member of a research lab you will be exposed to randomized control trials, customized coding systems, geospatial impact evaluations, elite surveys, and policy uptake initiatives.
We prioritize impact and collaboration, and you will be empowered with the tools, training, and flexibility you need to pursue projects that will allow you to leverage your strengths and interests. Whether on a walking meeting to discuss a next-gen field experiment with the World Bank or the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation or debating your annual March Madness bracket over lunch on the porch by the magnolia tree, your colleagues will be an invaluable source of ideas, learning, and fun.
Williamsburg and the surrounding areas offer a tremendous quality of life. Staff enjoy short commutes (for some of the team, less than five minutes!); extensive rivers, woods, and trails for outdoor recreation; and great colleagues who after work play on a community volleyball team, host trivia nights at local craft breweries, and organize book clubs and restaurant explorations.
For our full-time positions: As an employee of the College of William & Mary, you will be afforded competitive compensation and benefits, including comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance, retirement, and gym access. You will also receive an annual tuition reimbursement of more than $5,000, allowing AidData employees to take up to four William & Mary classes each calendar year free of charge.
In addition to updating skills through coursework, professional development is encouraged and facilitated through interaction with policymakers and established academics, development field work with local partners, and one-on-one mentoring with senior members of AidData.