Join the Team
At AidData you will join world class development professionals in solving challenging development questions, working together with colleagues from diverse disciplines including economics, computer science, geography, public health, environmental studies and political science.
AidData is a learning organization, so in addition to helping your colleagues get smarter, you will gain first-hand experience in cutting-edge approaches to data and development. As a member of the research and innovation lab you will be exposed to randomized control trials, customized coding systems, spatial impact evaluations, elite surveys, and policy uptake initiatives.
We prioritize impact and collaboration, and you will be empowered with the tools, training, and flexibility you need to pursue projects that will allow you to leverage your strengths and interests. And whether on a walking meeting to discuss a next-gen field experiment with the World Bank or the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, or debating your annual March Madness bracket over lunch on the porch by the magnolia tree, your colleagues will be an invaluable source of ideas, learning, and fun.
Williamsburg and the surrounding areas offer a tremendous quality of life. Staff enjoy short commutes (for some of the team, less than 5 minutes!); extensive rivers, woods, and trails for outdoor recreation; and great colleagues who after work play on a community volleyball team, host trivia nights at local craft breweries, and organize book clubs and restaurant explorations.
As an employee of the College of William & Mary, you will be afforded competitive compensation and benefits, including comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance, retirement, and gym access. You will also receive an annual tuition reimbursement of more than $5,000, allowing AidData employees to take up to 4 William & Mary classes each calendar year free of charge.
In addition to updating skills through coursework, professional development is encouraged and facilitated through interaction with policymakers and established academics, development field work with local partners, and one-on-one mentoring with senior members of AidData.
Under the daily direction of the Communications Manager, this position will assist in implementing AidData’s new Strategic Communications Plan, serving as a writer and generator of content for an array of AidData communications platforms and tools including social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, as well as our newsletter. Position will assist with the layout of newsletter.
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. This is a restricted position and continued employment is dependent on funding.
Apply online at: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/24296
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong writing skill and technique;
- Strong time management and project management skills with the capacity to prioritize workloads;
- Ability to work quickly and meticulously under pressure;
- Ability to take constructive feedback, quickly translate it into modified and/or new content, and apply metrics and lessons learned to future projects;
- Demonstrated experience managing projects simultaneously in a fast-‐paced environment with minimal oversight;
- Ability to stay current on policy issues and relevant news / conferences / events.
- Experience with front facing Web management;
- Experience with design (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite);
- Experience in international development and/or higher ed;
- Experience in drafting content for blogs; collateral materials, including print and electronic newsletters;
- Experience responding to press and media inquiries, maintaining media contact database, pitching stories and fostering effective media relations with local, national and international interested parties.
427 Scotland Street, Williamsburg, VA 23185
Commensurate with experience