AidData 1.0.4

As promised last week, we've just launched AidData 1.0.4. You may not immediately notice a lot of obvious changes to the website. The changes in 1.0.4 are mainly small bug fixes that users have emailed us about since we launched last month. As we finish up these small fixes, we'll start work on adding new features. Please submit ideas for new features in the comments.

Changes in AidData 1.0.4
 

  • Fix: Diacritical characters (é,ø,î) are now displaying correctly in project records.
  • Fix: AidData Technical Assistance and Feasibility Study codes are now available in the project view.
  • Fix: Exports now come from noreply@aiddata.org.
  • Fix: We fixed an issue that caused the edit button on an arbitrary search tab to return the user to Donor tab instead of one clicked.
  • Fix: We fixed numerous issues that caused exported files to not match what users searched for.
  • Fix: In some cases, sorting search results resulted in a JavaScript error.
  • Fix: AidData activity codes are now exporting in a more useable format.
  • Fix: In some cases, switching from Constant to Nominal caused the search results page to freeze.
  • Fix: Sorting search results now work in Internet Explorer 6.
  • Fix: We adjusted CPI values for 2009 and 2010 amounts to make their constant dollar amounts more accurate.
  • Improvement: You can limit your search results to commitments over or under a certain amount.
  • Improvement: Donor and recipient listings on the search form are now listed alphabetically.
  • Improvement: Each record in our dataset is now indexed on Google and other search engines.
  • Improvement: We've enabled GZIP compression to speed up page load times.
  • Improvement: We've started cacheing more portions of the website to increase performance.
  • Improvement: Improved performance when sorting by amount.
Tags: behind the curtainsouth-south cooperation